Free Download Stardock Groupy - Merge different opened windows into a tabbed interface, thus keeping your workspace clean and well-organized
Overview of Stardock Groupy:
Tabbed interfaces have a long history now but just imagine what it would be like to have to open each new document or webpage in a new application instance. With that picture in mind, know that there are still software programs that do not feature a tabbed UI design, and one example is the default Windows text editor, Notepad. Designed not only to address this issue but also to offer a reliable productivity tool, Groupy can merge different opened windows into a tabbed interface, thus keeping your workspace clean and well-organized.
Groupy is very intuitive to use. To group two windows together, you simply have to drag one on the other's title bar. A grouping notification is displayed, and as soon as you release the mouse button, you will be able to see the generated tabbed interface, having each of the two applications displayed in a separate tab.
To ease your work, Groupy detects all the opened windows and allows you to add them to the current group with just a click. Furthermore, it identifies the process a window belongs to and offers options to group all the windows belonging to that particular process. For instance, if you have multiple Windows Explorer instances opened, no matter the location they point to, you can merge them all in a new tabbed interface, which provides easier and faster access.
The utmost advantage of Groupy is that it offers a more organized workspace and eliminates the need to look for certain applications, to open or to close windows. It is, indeed, a very useful and cool application that is worth trying by any daily computer user. Of course, further enhancements (such as the possibility to undo closing a tab or shortcut keys that can be assigned to more tab-related actions) could make it even more desirable.
Overview of Stardock Groupy Features:
- Drag and drop applications together to group them under a common tabbed interface
- Organize multiple applications and documents together for convenient access
- Group related tabs together for optimal workflow
- Save groups of applications together for future usage
- Manage tabs in quick and natural ways with the browser-like interface
- Add new tabs to existing groups quickly and easily
- Mouseover tabs to preview the window contents
- Copy files between Explorer tabs. Drag files to the target tab, pause to switch, and then into the target window.
- Automatically group instances of the same application together.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Free Hard Disk Space: 20 MB or more