Free Download Apache OpenOffice 4 - Cross-platform office productivity suite like word processor, spreadsheet presentation manager, and drawing presentation
Overview of Apache OpenOffice 4:
OpenOffice 4 the product is a multi-platform office productivity suite. It includes the key desktop applications, such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, and drawing program, with a user interface and feature set similar to other office suites. Sophisticated and flexible, OpenOffice also works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office.
Available in over 45 supported languages with more being constantly added by the community, OpenOffice runs stably and natively on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), Windows, Mac OS X (X11), and numerous other platforms. Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL and SISSL Open Source licenses, OpenOffice allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source. And, because the file format for OpenOffice is XML, interoperability is easy, making future development and adoption more certain.
Education establishments of all levels (primary, secondary, college, university…) find OpenOffice 4 meets the needs of both teachers and students. The flexible word processor, powerful spreadsheet, dynamic graphics, database access and more meet all requirements for an office software package. With an open-source licence, OpenOffice 4 can be freely used and distributed with no licence worries.
Features of OpenOffice 4
- The product is a multi-platform office productivity suite including a word processor, a spreadsheet program, a presentation manager, and a drawing program, with a user interface and feature set similar to those of other office suites.
- OpenOffice reads and writes in Microsoft Office and iWork productivity suite formats.
- Available for Windows and Mac computers.
- OpenOffice runs on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), and Windows.
- Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL and SISSL open-source protocols, OpenOffice.org allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source.
System Requirements for OpenOffice
- Supported OS: Windows XP/7/8/10
- Free Hard Disk Space: 500 MB or more.