Free Download Monkeys Audio 6 - Lossless data compression does not remove data during encoding, unlike lossy compression methods such as AAC, MP3
Overview of Monkeys Audio 6:
Monkey's Audio is an algorithm and file format for lossless compression of audio data. Lossless data compression does not remove data during encoding, unlike lossy compression methods such as AAC, MP3, Vorbis and Opus. Hence, it can be extracted into an identical file to the source document. Unlike traditional methods such as MP3 and OGG, which permanently discard quality to save space, Monkey's Audio only makes perfect, bit-for-bit copies of your music. That means it always sounds perfect exactly the same as the original while using up less space on your hard drive or portable player.
The other great thing is that you can always decompress your Monkeys Audio files (saved as .APE files) back to the exact, original files, so you will never have to recopy your CD collection in to switch formats and you can recreate the original music CD if something ever happens to yours.
Features of Monkeys Audio:
- Efficient (fast and great compression) — Monkey's Audio is highly optimized and highly efficient
- Perfect sound — absolutely no quality loss, meaning it sounds perfect and decompresses perfect (it's lossless!)
- Media Center™, Foobar™, WMP™, Winamp™, and more support — supported by most popular players and rippers
- Easy — the Windows environment interface is both powerful and easy to use
- Free — Monkey’s Audio is completely free!
- Error detection — Monkey’s Audio incorporates redundant CRC’s to ensure proper decompression of data (errors never go unnoticed)
- Tagging support — Monkey’s Audio uses its own extremely flexible APE Tags so you can easily manage and catalogue your Monkey’s Audio collection
- External coder support — you can use Monkey's Audio as a front-end for all of your encoding needs
- Freely available source code, simple SDK and non-restrictive licensing — other developers can easily use Monkey's Audio in their own programs, and there are no restrictive licensing agreements.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 50 MB or more.