Free Download WinRAR 6 - Powerful archive software with high compression ratio, high and decompression speed capable of batch compressing files
Overview of WinRAR 6:
WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can. Because of all these great features there is no better way to compress files for efficient and secure file transfer, faster e-mail transmission and well organized data storage.
Why use WinRAR
- Though there are many softwares, file compression and decompression tools. However, the drawback of these tools is that they are not fully equipped with features, but WinRAR is different.
- First of all, the decompression software supports most file formats including CAB, ARJ, LZ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ZIPX, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z and 001. graphical user interface as well as command line interface.
- In addition, the software also uses AES - 256 bit encryption, supports compression of large files up to 8,589 billion gigabytes, unlimited number of compressed files, recovers corrupted archives, available versions. Free trial for 40 days, support multiple languages and especially can be installed on any platform (Windows, macOS or Linux, ...).
- Finally, the software is constantly updated to fix security vulnerabilities as well as improved file compression and decompression features, for faster performance.
Some frequently asked questions when using WinRAR
* What is WinRAR used for?
WinRAR is a high-speed file compression and decompression software that allows users to compress large files for convenient file and data sharing.
* WinRAR and ZIP, which one is better?
ZIP has the advantage of being easy to use, but in terms of data compression and decompression speed, WinRAR dominates. Besides that, RAR is also more popular, including a free trial.
* Is it still safe to use WinRAR?
New WinRA versions are added with more security and safety features than the old versions. So if you are using old versions, FileSG recommends that you update and use the latest WinRAR.
* Is WinRAR a virus?
WinRAR.exe is a software installation file, and this file is not a virus, stored in the folder C:\Program Files. However, bad guys or cybercriminals can create programs, malware and "disguise" WinRAR.exe to spread viruses. So it's best to go to the homepage and download the software, instead of downloading from unknown sites.
* Supported platforms and devices
WinRAR (also known as RAR) supports major platforms including: Windows, macOS, Linux and Android.
IPhone users can use apps designed similarly to RAR like UnZIP.
Features of WinRAR 6.0
- It is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- It puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- Supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- It is ideal for multimedia files. Automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- Allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- Allows you to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- It is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- It is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- It is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- Licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
Common WinRAR errors
WinRAR is considered as the best compression and decompression software available today, capable of working with many formats, high compression rates on executable files, large files, ... Using WinRAR to compress files You can increase the compression ratio up to 10% -50% compared to other methods. In addition, WinRAR also provides a number of other features such as: set passwords, add archive and comment for files.
In the process of using, there will be times when the decompression is faulty such as error Winrar diagnostic messages. This error is caused by a file downloaded from the network with a broken archive that has failed, leading to an error when unpacking. However, this fix is very simple.
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Free Hard Disk Space: 50 MB or more.